Thursday 10 November 2011

Personal Reflection

I would firstly like to thank all my team member for such a productive and enjoyable group work experience. Motivation levels where high from the outset which lead to completing the bulk of our project over the uni break period. I also feel this was very conducive to our outstanding team dynamics which is reflective in the work we produced.☺☺.

Personally I found it very easy to communicate and discuss ideas and although we had separate roles we each had valuable input into to each role during the group meetings. I also feel the extensive face to face meetings assisted greatly in our progress also.

As lead Architect I wall was tasked with getting the ball rolling and implementing the following changes.

1 - Panel sliding doors added to the east facing wall of the ground living area.

2 - Panel sliding window added to the east facing wall to a height of 750

3 - Cascading decking from the upper ground entertaining to the lower ground sleeping area.

4 - Glass balustrade

5 - Access from the sleeping area through large panel sliding door in the east facing wall

6 - Increased windows size on the south facing wall of the sleeping area to floor to ceiling height.

7 - Added panel sliding windows above the kitchen

These changes were implemented after consulting with the team and receiving Andrew’s original Archicad model . I then organises the drop box to assist with sharing the model and any further documentation. This was highly beneficial to the process as we were struggling to utilise BIM and teamwork due to on going IT issues. The blog was also up and running at this stage, so I also made use of it to document my on going process and communicate extensively with my team members. I really found this team work aspect of the process very enjoyable due to the extensive collaboration through the blog, team meetings and drop box.

Once Carla, Fleur and myself had finished and implemented all the Archicad changes we started on the rendering process, utilising Artlantis and photoshop. We had alot of fun with this process whilst increasing our skill-sets by sharing individual knowledge and techniques by working together in the computer cave. I have personally took a lot away form this process and the face to face team dynamics has shone through in the quality and diversity of our renders. (The day Fleur almost fainted, mid render, and I gave her my last banana @ $10.56 a kilo, is quite evident of the Team Amazing spirit.☺

So on further reflection this project has given me a blueprint for group assignments going forward and really instilled a new found confidence and value of the group work learning experience. I have particularly enjoyed the blog and drop-box contribution to the project and can see me utilising these tools going forward. The blog in particular kept everyone engaging and updated with the project progress. I would also like to thank Andrew for his exceptional team management, blog setup and ongoing administration.

Great job Team

Cheers Karl


No comments:

Post a Comment